Skip to main content

Lifehacks for Utter Failures

If you've read any number of my blog posts, you understand I have a problem with, well, failures. A clumsy mess am I.

The upside to this is I have learned a lot of "lifehacks" along the way. Things that have saved me a time or two. Here are some of my tried and true favorites.


  1. If you get grease on your clothes -- cooking, working on the car, etc -- you can use shampoo or dish washing liquid to get it out. Think about it. Those cleaners are created to REMOVE GREASE. It works too. Just let it sit for a while and work into the stain, then wash it as normal.
  2. If you tend to put something down and forget where it is, do this: as soon as you put it down, imagine it exploding right there. Seriously close your eyes for 2 seconds and picture the explosion. You will not forget that your keys are on the stove because you just thought about them exploding there. When your brain thinks, "Where are my keys?" you will remember exactly where they are.
  3. If you burn your hand (or other appendage) while cooking, apply soy sauce or mustard to the burn and let it soak in. It will usually prevent a blister and will take away a lot of the pain.
  4. Mix your powder and bronzer together before applying. It makes it look more natural.
  5. For hair dye accidents (like you get red hair dye on your white carpet...oops), apply any plain vinegar to the stain. It will remove the stain really fast. 
  6. For dirty fireplaces stained with soot, use scrubbing bubbles cleaner. It soaks into the brick and removes the soot. Scrub it with a brush after it soaks in.
  7. If you're not using Google Chrome as your internet browser, do it. 
  8. If you're in need of that post-polishing your nails spray, you can use cooking spray instead. Just leave it on a minute and then wipe your nails clean. 
  9. To fold a fitted sheet... just kidding. I still don't do that.
From Ebpot

Those are just some of my favorites. What are your lifehacks? Please share because I can always use more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Just Like Riding a Bike

When I was younger -- maybe 6 or 7 -- I learned to ride a bike. I think I must have been about that age because I remember Sarah being fairly young but I don't remember Charlotte being born yet, so we'll go with that. My mom must have been working part time because we went to a sitter's house during the summer. I don't remember how many days a week but regardless, we'd go to her house for the morning and early afternoon. The sitter's son was grown and out of the house but her daughter was in high school -- I want to say a junior or senior at the time. Sometimes she'd take us outside to play. So this particular day we were riding bikes and I decided to try riding without training wheels.

Instead of learning in a more traditional way, for some reason, we decided that I'd start up at the top of their yard and ride down a huge incline toward the house and then turn at some point in there to keep going on a straighter path. To recap, the idea was to NOT hit…

How Fibromyalgia Changed Me

Why Me?


A follow-up post to the original - Here.

My disclaimer for all the things below is this: I am not perfect. This is meant to show a before/after comparison but not to say that I have anything figured out.

Second disclaimer: This post is going to sound completely loco to some of you. That's ok. You might completely get what I'm saying, you might understand parts but not others, or you might not agree with anything I say! You're welcome to pass on reading this, of course, but if you do choose to read it, understand that I'm coming from the perspective of being a believer in Jesus and also that this is a retrospective on something major that happened years ago. Time so often gives you a perspective that you don't have at the beginning. Also please know that it took a lot of working myself up to write this because I'm a very private person and tend to not share this type of thing publicly, so please be gentle with your responses. =)


1. Empathy.
This is somethi…

I Fail At Staying Composed While Playing Video Games

I love playing video games -- well, many video games, not all (cough, Gears of War, cough) -- but I tend to take them personally. I consider it a personal achievement when I beat a boss. Like, I am a better person for it. And if I fail, I fail at life.

My first video games that I remember were Mario Bros for NES, Link's Awakening and Donkey Kong for the original Gameboy, and then for computer, Commander Keen and original Duke Nukem.


I once peed in my pants because I refused to get up from fighting the boss in Duke Nukem to go to the bathroom. There was no pause!

I remember beating Twilight Princess (a Legend of Zelda game) around 3 a.m. one weekend many years ago and yelling in triumph! You really shouldn't yell at 3 a.m. when you're not the only person in the house.

I play League of Legends, but never solo queue (when you just jump into a random game with other people you don't know). I only play premades, and usually that consists of four family members plus me. Occas…